Last Modified: [04/28/21]
Your Consent to our Online Privacy Statement
Your Consent to Other Agreements
The term “Content” refers to all of the software and code comprising or used to operate this Site, and all of the text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, sound recordings, video and audio-video clips, and other materials available on this Site.
The terms “User-Generated Content” or “UGC” refer to all of the content that you post on or through this Site or using the social networking tools provided through the Site.
Use of the Site
Certain areas of the Site may be restricted to authorized users who may be required to use a password. You agree that you will not share any password(s) or any other Site access information. You agree that you will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password(s) and any other Site access information, and that you will be responsible for any and all activities that occur as a result of using your password(s) and/or other Site access information. You further agree that you will notify NPB immediately in the event that you discover any unauthorized use of your password(s) or other Site access information.
You agree that you will not access or use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, impair or cause undue burden on the Site and/or its host, servers, network, systems or other users. You agree that you will not attempt to interfere in any way with the operation of the Site (including with the delivery of any Services), that you will not transmit any virus or worm to the Site, that you will not use any spider, robot, data mining tool or other automatic device, or any other manual process or means, to access the Site and/or its servers or systems to extract, download, monitor, gather, transmit or copy any of the data or material on the Site (including, without limitation, account information, product listings, images, descriptions or prices), or for any other unauthorized purpose; and that you will not engage in flooding, spamming, mail-bombing, crashing or otherwise sending unsolicited email to other users of the Site. You further agree that you will not attempt to access data that is not intended for your use, that you will not attempt to log on to a server or account that you are not authorized to access, and that you will not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network related in any way to the Site without authorization.
Many of the trademarks/service marks and/or logos (collectively the “Marks”) displayed on the Site identify the services and products of NPB and related organizations, and inform the public as to the source of those services and products. Your misuse of any Mark is strictly prohibited, including without limitation, your use of Marks in any of the following ways:
- In a manner likely to cause confusion
- To identify your products or services
- In, as, or part of your own trademarks or service marks
- In a manner that inaccurately implies a sponsorship, endorsement, or other connection with your products, services or other activities; or
- In a manner that disparages or dilutes the Marks.
You agree not to display or otherwise inappropriately use the Marks without prior written permission from NPB.
Other Intellectual Property Rights
Please feel free to browse the Site. In general, and unless otherwise posted, you may review and print copies of material from the Site, provided that the material (1) is used only for non-commercial purposes,; (2) is not broadcast in any media; and (3) retains, without alteration, all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices displayed on the material as posted on the Site.
You are not permitted to make or distribute copies of material on the Site for any commercial purpose without prior written permission from NPB. None of the material contained on the Site (including all software, HTML code, and other code) may be reverse-engineered, disassembled, decompiled, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, translated into any language or computer language, retransmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photo-reproduction, recordation, or otherwise), resold or redistributed without the prior written permission of NPB. Except as otherwise noted, all content of the Site is:
Copyright © 2023 National Pork Board. All rights reserved.
NPB has a policy of terminating services to users who willfully and/or repeatedly infringe.
Responsibility for User-Generated Content Posted on or Through this Site
Because we do not control the UGC posted on or through this Site, we cannot and do not warrant or guarantee the truthfulness, integrity, suitability, or quality of that UGC. You also agree and understand that by accessing this Site, you may encounter UGC that you may consider to be objectionable. We have no responsibility for any UGC, including without limitation any errors or omissions therein. We are not liable for any loss or damage of any kind you may claim was incurred as a result of the use of any UGC posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available on or through this Site. The UGC posted on or through this Site expresses the personal opinions of the individuals who posted it and does not necessarily reflect the views of NPB or any person or entity associated with NPB.
You own UGC, but we may use it: You own the copyright in any original UGC you post. We do not claim any copyrights in UGC. However, by using this Site you are granting us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, a nonexclusive, fully paid, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty–free, transferable license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicensees) to use, copy, modify, distribute, publicly display and perform, publish, transmit, remove, retain repurpose, and commercialize UGC you post in any and all media or form of communication whether now existing or hereafter developed, without obtaining additional consent, without restriction, notification, or attribution, and without compensating you in any way, and to authorize others to do the same. For this reason, we ask that you not post any UGC that you do not wish to license to us, including any photographs, videos, confidential information, or product ideas.
We may disclose and/or remove UGC: NPB has certain rights. We have the right (but do not assume the obligation) to:
- monitor all UGC;
- require that you avoid certain subjects;
- remove or block any UGC at any time without notice at our sole and absolute discretion;
- terminate your access to and use of this Site, or to modify, edit or block your transmissions thereto in our sole discretion.
You agree that our exercise of such discretion shall not render us the owners of UGC you post, and that you will retain ownership thereof as described above.
upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available
- any UGC that is unlawful, harmful, hateful, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, racially disparaging, indecent, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- any UGC that constitutes or encourages activity illegal under criminal or civil law;
- any UGC that is false, misleading, or fraudulent;
- any UGC that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- any UGC that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including UGC which violates the patent rights, copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, trade secret rights, confidentiality rights, contract rights, or any other rights of any individual, living or deceased, or any legal entity;
- any UGC that contains the image, name or likeness of anyone other than yourself, unless (i) that person is at least eighteen years old and you have first obtained his/her express permission or (ii) that person is under eighteen years old but you are his/her parent or legal guardian;
- any request for or solicitation of any personal or private information from any individual;
- any request for or solicitation of money, goods, or services for private gain;
- any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- any UGC that contains advertising, promotions or marketing, or which otherwise has a commercial purpose;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
- violate any local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
Removal of Content
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you are the copyright owner (or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner), please notify our Copyright Agent immediately of any copyright infringement. As soon as we receive your notice of claimed infringement, in the form described below, we will promptly remove or disable access to materials that are claimed to be infringing (or the subject of infringing activity). Your notice must be in writing and must include the following:
- a description of the copyrighted work you believe has been infringed (or if you believe multiple copyrighted works have been infringed, a representative list);
- a description of the material you believe is infringing or the subject of infringing activity, together with enough information to permit us to locate the material;
- enough information to permit us to contact you, such as, your name, address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;
- a statement that you have a good-faith belief that the allegedly infringing use of the material was not authorized by the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed (the “copyright owner”),
- an agent for the copyright owner, or by law;
- a statement that all of the information you have provided is accurate; and
- a statement, made under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Your notice must be signed (physically or electronically) and must be addressed as follows:
DMCA Copyright Agent
1776 NW 114th St
Clive, IA 50325
Any notification by a copyright owner or a person authorized to act on its behalf that fails to comply with requirements of the DMCA shall not be considered sufficient notice and shall not be deemed to confer upon NPB actual knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing material or acts are evident.
Disclaimer of Warranties
WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENT, OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE AVAILABLE ON OR PROMOTED THROUGH THIS SITE. THIS SITE AND ALL OF ITS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED FOR USE “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARISING BY STATUTE, CUSTOM, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR IN ANY OTHER WAY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE, ITS CONTENT, ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE AVAILABLE ON OR PROMOTED THROUGH THIS SITE, AND ANY SITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED.
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED TO BE MEDICAL ADVICE. IT ALSO IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR REGULAR MEDICAL CARE. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR CARE PROVIDER ABOUT YOUR CARE OPTIONS AND FOR ANY MEDICAL ADVICE PRIOR TO BEGINNING OR CHANGING ANY HEALTH OR DIETARY REGIMEN. YOU SHOULD NEVER DISREGARD MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING MEDICAL ADVICE OR CARE BECAUSE OF ANY CONTENT PRESENTED AS PART OF THIS SITE. RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS SITE SHOULD BE UTILIZED SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR ANY TRANSMISSIONS SENT FROM US OR THROUGH THIS SITE WILL BE FREE OF ANY HARMFUL COMPONENTS (INCLUDING VIRUSES). WE ALSO MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO WHETHER THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS SITE, OR ANY SITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED, IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR CURRENT. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT APPEARING ON THIS SITE.
WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO OR USE OF THIS SITE. YOU ACCEPT THAT OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND OTHER REPRESENTATIVES SHALL HAVE THE BENEFIT OF THIS CLAUSE.
Exclusion of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS WE, ON BEHALF OF OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND OTHER REPRESENTATIVES EXCLUDE AND DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSSES AND EXPENSES OF WHATEVER NATURE AND HOWSOEVER ARISING INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF USE; LOSS OF DATA; LOSS CAUSED BY A VIRUS; LOSS OF INCOME OR PROFIT; LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES; OR OTHER LOSSES OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY WEBSITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED, OR ANY MERCHANDISE AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ESTABLISHING SUCH PROCEDURES FOR DATA BACK UP AND VIRUS CHECKING AS YOU CONSIDER NECESSARY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS.
IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED SHALL NOT EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00).
NOTHING IN THESE TERMS SHALL BE DEEMED A WAIVER OF SOVEREIGN IMMUNITY BY NPB, A BOARD CREATED UNDER FEDERAL STATUTE. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE DEEMED A WAIVER OF ANY DEFENSE OR PRECONDITION TO SUIT THAT MAY BE REQUIRED BY LAW OR AVAILABLE TO NPB.
Links to Sites Operated by Third Parties
This Site may provide links to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not warrant the products or offerings of, any of these businesses or individuals or the accuracy or content of their websites. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, product, and content of any such sites. Before you use any site you should review the applicable conditions of use and policies. The inclusion of a link in this Site does not imply our endorsement of the site. If you decide to access linked third-party websites, you do so at your own risk.
Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Venue
Compliance with Laws
You may not assign your rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior express written consent of NPB.
Last Modified: [04/28/21]